PROCEQ CONCRETE NDT:
Our involvement in the construction industry for over 30 years has provided us with unique understanding of behavior of construction materials when subjected to nature’s forces and difficult environments and the consequences attributed to lack of proper quality control & supervision during the course of construction. We are approved dealers for PROCEQ SA, Switzerland and trade their entire range of Concrete NDT equipment.
Ideally Concrete testing should be done without damaging the concrete. NDT can be applied to both old and new structures. For new structures, the principal applications are likely to be for quality control or the resolution of doubts about the quality of materials or construction. The testing of existing structures is usually related to an assessment of structural integrity or adequacy.
BIL as a specialized agency with sound, sufficient knowledge & experience in testing and behavior of concrete, carries out NDT and provides Remedial Engineering Services as well.
- quality control of pre-cast units or construction in situ
- removing uncertainties about the acceptability of the material supplied owing to apparent non-compliance with specification
- confirming or negating doubt concerning the workmanship involved in batching, mixing, placing, compacting or curing of concrete
- monitoring of strength development in relation to formwork removal, cessation of curing, pre-stressing, load application or similar purpose
- location and determination of the extent of cracks, voids, honeycombing and similar defects within a concrete structure
- determining the concrete uniformity, possibly preliminary to core cutting, load testing or other more expensive or disruptive tests
- determining the position, quantity or condition of reinforcement
- increasing the confidence level of a smaller number of destructive tests
- determining the extent of concrete variability in order to help in the selection of sample locations representative of the quality to be assessed
- confirming or locating suspected deterioration of concrete resulting from such factors as overloading, fatigue, external or internal chemical attack or change, fire, explosion, environmental effects
- assessing the potential durability of the concrete
- monitoring long term changes in concrete properties
- providing information for any proposed change of use of a structure for insurance or for change of ownership.
PROCEQ PAPER/FOIL & FILM NDT:
Our range of NDT equipment gives the production staff the support they need to test quickly and reliably the roll hardness, the hardness profile and the variation in hardness of paper, foil and film rolls and to interpret the results as efficiently as possible. We are approved dealers for ROCEQ SA, Switzerland and trade their range of Paper NDT Equipment.
Roll hardness is one of the most important parameter when deciding whether it is good or bad. A roll that is wound too softly can go out of round when handled. A roll that is wound too hard, on the other hand, can crack during transportation. These variations are difficult to detect. Above all, it is typically the variation in hardness across a given roll that relates most directly to such converting issues with soft edges being perhaps the biggest contributor. A reliable measurement of the roll hardness profile is of critical importance in deciding whether a roll is good or bad.